Organized in 1966 by the Most Reverend Archbishop Mstyslav Skrypnyk, the Archives-Library contains both published and manuscript materials dealing primarily with Ukrainian history, culture, religion, language, and politics. Approximately 75% of the material is in Ukrainian, 15% in Russian, and 10% in English. Items include correspondence, office files, literary manuscripts, miscellaneous documents, photographs, Orthodox ritual books, and maps. There are some rare religious and political manuscripts concerning the Ukraine during the Middle Ages and dating from the 15th to the 18th c. Much of the material relates to the UAPTsA (Ukrainian Autocephalic Orthodox Church in America). There is also documentation on the Ukrainian Liberation Movement of 1918–22 and the dissident movement in the Ukraine, 1960s-1970s. A card catalogue is in preparation. It is advisable, for lengthy research projects, to make advance arrangements with the Archives-Library.